Band Description

“The Marching Band is one of the public faces of our school, and in some settings (like parades), the only public face. If our marching band looks good, our whole school looks good.” - This is the essence of some words spoken by our former band director, Nick Greeson. We all know it to be true. It is much responsibility in the hands of a small group of students. They deserve our support, and we give it gladly and with enthusiasm. This is the goal of this site.


This site is unofficial, maintained by a Band Booster, and not endorsed by the Indian River School District or Sussex Central High School.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Senior Highlights: Kaileigh Warren

Kaileigh Warren is one of two Drum Majors for the 2012-2013 school year.


My Experience in the SCHS Band
Kaileigh Warren





What made you decide to join the school band?
I have been playing clarinet since the 4th grade so when I came to high school I knew I wasn't ready to give it up.
St. Patrick's Day Parade 2013

What do you play in the band. Do you play any other instruments?
 I play clarinet and piano. 

What kind of music do you like (band music or other music). Do you ever play your instrument to music that isn’t necessarily meant for the band?
I like pop music, and I enjoy listening to classical music on occasion. I will play songs that are on the radio on my clarinet.

What do you plan to do after high school?
I plan on going to UD and majoring in pharmacy.


Will you continue playing your instrument? Where?  
Yes, I'm playing in the UD marching band.

Would you encourage other kids to be part of the school band?
Yes, band is the best family you can have in the school, youll meet so many people doing something you love.

What will you miss about the band?
What will I not miss is a better question. I'll miss everything. Band was amazing and so much fun.

What is your favorite memory about the band? 
Band camp. Every year band camp was just the best.

What would you like to see happen to improve the band.
I would like to see the band grow and have many more talented musicians come join.

Anything else you would like to say about your experience with the school band?
Thank you everyone.  You've made these last 4 years worth it. I'll miss everyone and everything. Thank you.

Kaileigh - First in first row.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!